To visit an inmate, you must be at least 18 years of age with a valid photo ID. Those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Record checks may be made, if considered necessary, to ensure the safety of the inmates, visitors, deputies and the facility.
Anyone causing a disturbance or being unruly will be asked to leave the facility and may be banned from future visits.
individuals visiting an inmate must be scheduled on the visit, additional
individuals who are not scheduled will not be permitted to visit the inmate.
: Class D Female Visitation
(Currently unavailable due to COVID)
While participating in the class C/D work program each inmate will be eligible to sign up for one contact visit per week. Contact visitation will be held on Sunday and Wednesday from 2000 until 2030, and from 2045 until 2115. Contact visitation is by appointment only. Signups will be completed on the Thursday, no later than 1400, of the prior week. It is the responsibility of the inmate to provide their visitor(s) with the scheduled visitation date and time. The Detention Center staff will not provide that information if you contact the facility to find out.
Visitation is conducted at 600 Columbia Street, Newport, KY 41071 (The old court house). Upon arrival wait in front of the tall glass doors for a deputy to arrive and escort you to the visitation area. Make sure to have your identification ready upon arrival.
Visitor Rules and Regulations
- All visitors must be in possession of a valid state issued identification card, or operator license. If the identification is expired, damaged, or appears to be tampered with it will not be accepted. Your identification is the only item that is authorized to be brought into the Detention Center.
- No food or drink can be brought into the facility for any reason.
- All purses, bags, back packs, diaper bags, cell phones, tobacco products, lighters, etc. are not permitted to enter the facility. The Campbell County Detention Center will not hold these items for you they are to be left in your vehicle or at home.
- All visitors must arrive 15 minutes before the start of their scheduled visitation in order to be processed into the facility. If the visitor(s) do not arrive on time they will not be permitted in for the visitation.
- Any items that are being dropped off must be in a small plastic bag with the inmates name clearly written and attached to the bag and given directly to the Deputy conducting visitation. Any items that are deemed unauthorized will be destroyed.
- If for any reason an inmate or visitor must exit the visitation area prior to the conclusion of visitation, the visit will be terminated. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Due to limited space No more than three visitors will be permitted to visit an inmate at one time this includes children.
(Currently unavailable due to COVID)
The Restricted Custody Center allows visitation on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The inmate may request a specific time from the deputy. Once approved, the inmate may contact his friends and family with the approved time. These visitation sessions are one hour long and are contact visits.
The RCC will not give visit information out over the phone. You MUST get the information from the inmates.
Do not call the Detention Center for confirmation. We cannot give out visitation times over the phone.
Visits can be made during the following times:
Internet Video Visit:
• Monday – Sunday 9 AM to 9PM
Onsite Video Visit:
• Monday – Thursday 1PM to 4:30 PM
• Saturday – Sunday 9AM to 4:30PM
There are no visits between 11AM to Noon, and 5PM to 6PM or on Fridays.
Visits CANNOT be made over the phone with the Detention Center staff.
To Schedule a Remote or Onsite Visit please go to the following website: