If you have an interest in a career in corrections and are actively looking for employment, an application is available by clicking on the following link - Employment Application
Applications can be returned by mail to 601 Central Ave. Newport, KY 41071, by fax to 859-431-5147 or email to Cathy Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking Specialist - Starting Pay $12.36 per hour
A Booking Specialist is the first contact a new intake will have at the jail.
It is the Booking Specialist's job to ensure that all information on charges and billing are correct at intake.
This position will do mostly data entry work and answer phone calls. Being able to multi task and attention to detail are a MUST.
Basic Computer skills and clerical work is a plus but not required, *we will train you*.
Job Type: Full-time
Deputy Jailer (full and part time) - Starting Pay $15.45 per hour
This is a skilled position in a Detention Center. It is a sworn, law enforcement position with arrest powers. However, the power of arrest is to be used only on Detention Center property. An employee in this position is responsible for the supervision of inmates. The Deputy Jailer will perform all tasks in a professional manner. Work is performed under general to close supervision.
Examples of Deputy Jailer Duties:
- Be able to perform all tasks related to in and out processing of inmates
- Arrange for the inmates to attend court
- Supervise the general cleaning of the Detention Center
- Supervise the distribution of inmate meals
- Specifically supervise the cleaning of inmate cells
- Transport inmates to doctor, dentist, hospital or other appointments
- Process work release inmates out and back in to the Detention Center
- Search work release inmates and other inmates for contraband
- Search cells periodically for contraband
- Serve and file warrants
- Use and monitor a two-way radio
- Meet and deal effectively and courteously with the public
- Process and account for money received for bonds, fines, etc.
- Maintain daily logs and records as required
- Culminate an arrest on Detention Center property when necessary
- Write offense citations accurately
- Mark and disperse evidence properly
- Testify in court
- Assist all law enforcement agencies in a cooperative manner
- Be familiar with previous shift's activities and be able to pass-on information to on-coming shift personnel
Special Requirements for Deputy Jailers
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Attend and successfully complete sixteen (24) hours of Correctional Training per year
- Must be bondable
- Must possess motor vehicle operator's license
- Must successfully complete a criminal, medical history, drug screen and employment background check
- Must maintain a high level of physical fitness
Main Control - Starting Pay $12.36 per hour
The Main Control Operator watches all areas of the jail for any issues and communicates concerns to Deputies. This person would be in charge of opening any secure doors as needed and answering or making phone calls.
This position works rotating 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off.
If you are interested in this position, we will have open interviews every Wednesday from 2-4pm at 600 Columbia St. Newport, KY 41071
Job Type: Full-time
Maintenance Technician - Starting Pay discussed at interview
The position will be Monday - Friday from 8am-4pm
This position would work to maintain proper operation of all machines and systems within the building, do cosmetic repairs as needed and have the knowledge to build or paint as needed.
Employees must become familiar with and adhere to safety rules and procedures as well as keep their equipment and storage areas in a neat, clean, safe and in a good working condition.
Employees must be able to understand directions and complete assigned tasks. Employee will report to work in proper uniform.
Job Type: Full-time
Chemical Dependency Program Social Worker
Social Worker- Bachelor Level, Campbell County Detention Center
Chemical Dependency Program
Position Title: Chemical Dependency Program Social Worker- Campbell County Detention Center- Bachelor’s Level
Position Summary: The Chemical Dependency Program Social Worker position is located at the Campbell County Detention Center, Newport, Ky. 41071. The position is responsible for: working with clients who are struggling with Substance Use Disorder in an inpatient jail treatment setting, completing intake procedures, conducting biopsychosocial assessments on individuals who may qualify for the Chemical Dependency Program, holding group sessions along with many other duties. Candidate must also be able to communicate effectively with Program Manager and treatment team to coordinate community services and aftercare treatment planning for each individual according to their specific need.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in the social work field of study. Candidates must possess or be in the process of obtaining their LSW.
Qualifications: Candidates should be capable of developing supportive relationships with persons with substance use disorders and mental health disorders, while maintaining appropriate therapeutic boundaries. Possess knowledge of community agencies and services available to those with substance use disorder who are either in active addiction or living in recovery. Candidates must also be capable of working in a criminal justice environment and pass a background check. This position also requires knowledge of data tracking systems, Microsoft office, charting, and good communication skills.
- Provide intake assessments, group counseling sessions, individual counseling sessions and therapeutic community sessions for group and individual accountabilities.
- Provide correspondence with program supervisor, treatment team, and community partners as needed.
- Provide individual and group counseling services.
- Provide written documentation of client progress to supervisor weekly.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Position Hours: Position is full-time Monday through Friday. Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule and be available to work between 8am and 8pm. This position will be limited to 40 hours a week.
- This job description is not comprehensive. Employer will provide a more in-depth description upon inquiry from the applicant.
Job Type: Full-time