If you have an interest in a career in corrections and are actively looking for employment, an application is available by clicking on the following link -
Applications can be returned by mail to 601 Central Ave. Newport, KY 41071, by fax to 859-431-5147 or email to Cathy Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the attached videos to hear from current employees!
Full Time Employment Benefits:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Holiday pay
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Employee Referral program
1. Must be a United States citizen
2. Must be at least 21 years of age
3. Subject to shift work, extended duty hours, twenty-four hour call-back, holiday and weekend duty
4. Must not have been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor
5. Subject to an extensive background check.
6. Subject to random drug testing/alcohol testing and polygraph examination at any time during employment
7. Must possess a valid driver’s license
We are Currently Accepting Application for the Following Positions
Deputy Jailer - Full/Part Time - Starting Pay $20.66 per hour
Deputy Jailers play a critical role in today's modern criminal justice system. This is a sworn law enforcement position with limited powers of arrest. Individuals in this position can expect to regularly work and interact with county, state, and federal inmates. This is a challenging career with room for personal growth and advancement. No prior law enforcement experience is required.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervise/observe the inmate population
- Enforce facility policy and procedure
- Ensure the safety and security of staff, inmates, and visitors
- Write incident reports
- Conduct head counts
- Preform cell and bunk area searches
- Assist with inmate movements to court, attorney visits, medical appointments, and other professional visitors
Part Time Road Crew Deputy - $19.08 per hour starting rate
Road Crew Deputies are responsible for supervising inmates in the work program. The inmates work both inside and outside of the jail. The Deputy oversees work details in various public settings, due to this environment the deputy must be alert to both public and inmate safety at all times.
Examples of inmate supervised details:
- Road side clean up
- Grounds keeping around jail facility
- Cleaning details inside jail facility
- General groundskeeping for public land
Main Control Operator - $17.44 per hour starting rate
The Main Control Operator watches all areas of the jail for any issues and communicates concerns to Deputies. This person would be in charge of opening any secure doors as needed and answering or making phone calls.
This position works rotating 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off.
Chemical Dependency Transition Officer - $17.00-$21.00 per hour
This employee works with the Program Administrator and directs the community efforts of the Campbell County - Chemical Dependency Program (“Program”) which is designed to provide education, treatment and support to Detention Center female inmates who have substance use disorders (“SUD”). The employee will work with participants both in the inmate treatment component and a post release community care and follow up component. Under the overall direction of the Program Administrator, this employee is responsible for the overall relationship and tracking of participants while in the follow up component of the Program. These duties include: assisting in the preparation of reentry in to community, home and work visits, program scheduling, outside agency coordination, coordination of day to day activities; and, all other duties as assigned.
Booking Specialist - $17.44 per hour starting rate
The Campbell County Detention Center is currently seeking full time booking specialists.
A booking specialist will work in the booking area of a county jail. They will be the first point of contact for newly arrested inmates.
This job has various shifts, but consist of an 12 hour work day with a rotating schedule.
Investigator - Full Time - Salary Negotiable
Job Summary: Technical police work in the investigation of criminal offenses occurring within the Campbell County Detention center, including but not limited to, crimes, property crimes, assaults, sexual assaults, pre-employment background, and other special investigations, as needed.
The list below is intended to describe the general content of the requirements of this job, including the essential functions. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, requirements or responsibilities.
Essential Functions: (Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all the tasks, which may be assigned).
1. Participates in investigations of all types of crimes. Collects and preserves information and evidence. Conducts searches. Maintains records of the investigations.
2. Participates in gathering intelligence information. Checks sources of information. Checks truth and accuracy of statements.
3. Prepares arrest affidavits. Conducts arrests in accordance with prescribed policies.
4. Makes initial contact with and interrogates victims, witnesses, suspects and others. Takes statements. Prepares for, attends and testifies in court.
5. Obtains and prepares warrants. Executes arrest and search warrants and serves subpoenas.
6. Prepares written reports of complaints and investigations performed. Maintains files of ongoing investigations.
7. Conducts investigations on sexual assaults within the detention center in accordance with PREA.
8. Conducts potential and pre-litigation investigations and reports.
9. Analyze completed case reports, Extraordinary Incident reports (EIR) Extraordinary Offense reports (EOR) and to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.
10. Preserve, collect, process, and analyze items of evidence obtained from crime scenes and suspects, placing them in proper containers and maintain chain of custody. Maintain and manage the evidence room.
11. Collaborate with outside agencies as needed or as directed.
12. Performs all other investigations as directed by the Jailer. May assist other investigators.