If you have an interest in a career in corrections and are actively looking for employment, an application is available by clicking on the following link -
Applications can be returned by mail to 601 Central Ave. Newport, KY 41071, by fax to 859-431-5147 or email to Cathy Steele at email@example.com
Program Manager of the Chemical Dependency Program
The Campbell County Detention Center is currently seeking applications to fill the vacancy of Program Manager of the Chemical Dependency Program ("Program"). This employee manages and directs the Program which is designed to provide education, treatment and support to Detention Center female inmates who have substance use disorders ("SUD"). The Program will include an inmate treatment component and a post release community care and follow up component. Under the overall direction of the Jailer or his designee, the Manager is responsible for the overall design and day to day operations of the Program. These duties include: participant selection criteria, actual selection of participants, program content, program scheduling, outside agency coordination, management of any contracts related to the Program, coordination of day to day activities; and, all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skill and Ability) include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of and experience with best practices concerning SUD assessments and treatment modalities for individuals and groups;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to provide professional counselling services to both individuals and groups; and
- Ability to work with a team of professionals to implement strategies to improve and enhance the Program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (or equivalent combination):
Ideal candidate will possess an independent license within the State of Kentucky in counseling or social work and, at least, one year of related work experience providing SUD treatment and/or cognitive behavioral therapy services with preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass a background check; and
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to, sitting, walking standing, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, climb or balance, and lift and/or move objects that weigh up to up to 25 pounds.
EMPLOYEES MUST ALSO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
- Carries a caseload that is representative of the cases found in the Chemical Dependency Program, with an emphasis on the integration of theory and practice which meet the mental health, substance abuse, environmental and psychosocial needs of the clients served;
- Provides individual, and group therapy as directed by client needs;
- Performs a variety of casework duties, including analysis of assessment data, formulation of treatment plan, and implementation of the treatment for increasingly complex cases;
- Acts upon own analysis of client situations under decreasing supervision;
- Increases analytical, psycho-social and theoretical diagnostic skills and resourcefulness in developing treatment processes;
- Considers and uses treatment modalities that are best suited to each individual client and evaluates client progress in meeting treatment goals;
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with colleagues, supporting their work effectiveness, and being open, trusting, and cooperative;
- Demonstrates appropriate sensitivity and knowledge of the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics;
The salary for this position is negotiable. All interested applicants should submit a resume to:
Michael Meier, Director of Behavioral Health Services
The Campbell County Detention Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Booking Specialist - Starting Pay $12.73 per hour
A Booking Specialist is the first contact a new intake will have at the jail.
It is the Booking Specialist's job to ensure that all information on charges and billing are correct at intake.
This position will do mostly data entry work and answer phone calls. Being able to multi task and attention to detail are a MUST.
Basic Computer skills and clerical work is a plus but not required, *we will train you*.
Job Type: Full-time
Deputy Jailer (full and part time) - Starting Pay $15.91 per hour
This is a skilled position in a Detention Center. It is a sworn, law enforcement position with arrest powers. However, the power of arrest is to be used only on Detention Center property. An employee in this position is responsible for the supervision of inmates. The Deputy Jailer will perform all tasks in a professional manner. Work is performed under general to close supervision.
Examples of Deputy Jailer Duties:
- Be able to perform all tasks related to in and out processing of inmates
- Arrange for the inmates to attend court
- Supervise the general cleaning of the Detention Center
- Supervise the distribution of inmate meals
- Specifically supervise the cleaning of inmate cells
- Transport inmates to doctor, dentist, hospital or other appointments
- Process work release inmates out and back in to the Detention Center
- Search work release inmates and other inmates for contraband
- Search cells periodically for contraband
- Serve and file warrants
- Use and monitor a two-way radio
- Meet and deal effectively and courteously with the public
- Process and account for money received for bonds, fines, etc.
- Maintain daily logs and records as required
- Culminate an arrest on Detention Center property when necessary
- Write offense citations accurately
- Mark and disperse evidence properly
- Testify in court
- Assist all law enforcement agencies in a cooperative manner
- Be familiar with previous shift's activities and be able to pass-on information to on-coming shift personnel
Special Requirements for Deputy Jailers
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Attend and successfully complete sixteen (24) hours of Correctional Training per year
- Must be bondable
- Must possess motor vehicle operator's license
- Must successfully complete a criminal, medical history, drug screen and employment background check
- Must maintain a high level of physical fitness
Main Control - Starting Pay $12.73per hour
The Main Control Operator watches all areas of the jail for any issues and communicates concerns to Deputies. This person would be in charge of opening any secure doors as needed and answering or making phone calls.
This position works rotating 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off.
If you are interested in this position, we will have open interviews every Wednesday from 2-4pm at 600 Columbia St. Newport, KY 41071
Job Type: Full-time
Maintenance Technician - Starting Pay discussed at interview
The position will be Monday - Friday from 8am-4pm
This position would work to maintain proper operation of all machines and systems within the building, do cosmetic repairs as needed and have the knowledge to build or paint as needed.
Employees must become familiar with and adhere to safety rules and procedures as well as keep their equipment and storage areas in a neat, clean, safe and in a good working condition.
Employees must be able to understand directions and complete assigned tasks. Employee will report to work in proper uniform.
Job Type: Full-time