How to Post a Bond
Between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm (Monday - Friday) you must post a bond at the District Court. District Court is located at 330 York Street Newport, KY. You may only post a bond with cash or with a credit card.
Posting a Cash Bond
To post a bond with cash you must do the following:
- Go to the District Court Clerk's Office and post the bond.
- Bring your receipt to the Campbell County Detention Center, 601 Central St.
Posting a Credit Card Bond
To post a bond with a credit card at the Campbell County Detention Center after the Campbell County Courthouse has closed you must do the following:
- Bring a valid form of identification including a valid photo and your credit card to the Campbell County Detention Center (601 Central Ave.).
- A jail employee will assist you with the paperwork needed for a credit card bond.
NOTE: If you choose to use a credit card, please be aware that the credit card company will charge you fees that will not be returned to you.
Posting a Bond After Hours
To post a bond after District Court is closed, during a holiday or on the weekends, please do the following:
- Go to the Campbell County Detention Center (601 Central Ave.)
- Bring a valid ID and the correct amount in cash or your credit card. A $30 fee is added to the bond amount. The Detention Center does not give change.
- A jail employee will assist you with the paperwork needed for the bond.
Posting a Property Bond
Property bonds must be posted at the District Court. The Campbell County Detention Center does not process these bonds at any time.
The Judge may sign off on a special bond. Inmates may be given a non-monetary bond with conditions. An inmate who has been given this type of bond must be released to a responsible adult. Pre-trial services considers a "responsible adult" to be someone over the age of eighteen with a valid identification who can take responsibility of the inmate.
Pre-trial services may also give an "O.R." bond also known as an "own recognizance" bond. This is also a non-monetary bond. The inmate gives their consent to show up for the next hearing on their case and they are released on their own recognizance.
Bonds posted at the Campbell County Detention Center are turned over to the Campbell County District Court. Refunds and explanation of fees charged must be obtained from the Campbell County District Court.
Fee's paid when posting a bond are different from Booking Fee's owed to the jail. The fees paid with a bond also go to the court house for processing.